/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Enabling SSO for your K1000 on Mozilla Firefox

So I went through the proper steps and added my K1000 to my domain, and enabled my Single Sign On.  I missed a couple important steps after that, and hopefully can help anyone else troubleshooting the issue.

After I enabled the settings, I made an old mistake and moved to a new tab.  Wrong!  Need to make sure you hit the SAVE SETTINGS button at the bottom which will prompt a K1000 reboot.

Now SSO works!   Kind of!  For the life of me, it wasn't 'working' when I opened DPKACE.  of course, I was using the grand Mozilla Firefox.  I tried with Internet Explorer (ugh) and it worked fabulous!  Tried it with Chrome, boom!  Works!

 

I found a nifty little guide on mozilla that helped me get it setup.

Follow these simple steps (and you can add your KACE specific site if you don't want it to be so general)

  1. Open up Firefox, and type in "about:config" to the URL bar.  This will display a large number of entries representing all of the configuration information in Firefox.
  2. Go to the Preference Name "network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris"
    1. Set the Value to "https://" by Double-clicking the entry and typing "https://" into the dialog
  3. Now go to the Preference Name "network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris"
    1. Set the Value to "https://" by Double-clicking the entry and typing "https://" into the dialog

 

I also added the same HTTP:// and HTTPS:// to this string within the about:config (which I got from another SSO guide).

 

network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris

 

 

With the 3 strings now set to allow firefox to trust what I tell it, SSO works great!  Hope it helps!


Comments

  • Did you have to move your kbox domain objects into a different OU? I joined my kbox a few days ago, but sso isn't working. I posted details.
    http://www.itninja.com/question/struggling-with-sso - tpr 7 years ago
    • Nope, didn't need to move anything. It turned out to primarily be browser settings. I still have some trouble with Chrome but mozilla and IE SSO just fine now. - Wildwolfay 7 years ago
      • OK, thanks. - tpr 7 years ago
This post is locked
 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ