Principal Software Development/Product Support Specialist
Dell is committed to becoming a leader in software -- yes, you heard that right: software. And not by just (re)selling other vendor's software, but by creating software by Dell. We've got a jumpstart on this from a series of recent (and likely upcoming) acquisitions of companies that have been successful at delivering great software. With the value of the Dell brand, world-wide market penetration, and an incredible sales and delivery engine, these software acquisitions are experiencing continued (explosive) growth.
That's where we hope you come in: we're looking for a great software engineer to join the Customer Success Team in Endpoint Systems Management Engineering (ESM). The Customer Success team is the primary engineering interface to our customers. We manage product escalations, hotfixes and service packs. Ideally the candidate will need to be in close proximity one of the following Dell offices: Santa Clara, CA, Aliso Viejo, CA, Austin, TX, Boca Raton, FL or Columbus, OH.
What we value:
- people (first and foremost), tools, communication
- creating and shipping quality software, on time and on budget, and providing world-class customer experience
- individuals that embody creativity, tenacity, quality, speed, agility, independence, respectfulness, reliability
- the ability to communicate effectively (written, spoken and/or graphically).
The individual that we are looking to hire is passionate about software with an appreciation for delivering software with the customer in mind. You enjoy interacting with the customer to get feedback and solving hard problems. You thrive on juggling multiple priorities, products, and look forward to wrangling the next unsolvable problem. You are organized and document everything. You have opinions on what our customers need from our software and you know how to communicate those opinions to Product and Engineering leadership. Most importantly, you will not quit until your customer is satisfied.
- Windows Operating Systems – API’s, Security Model, Application Development and Packaging, Operating System Imaging/Deployment and Patching. Working knowledge of one or more Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
- Networking Infrastructure and concepts
- Security -- PKI, encryption, authentication, VPN
- SQL -- MySQL, SQLite, PostreSQL using databases efficiently and effectively
- Web Development -- PHP, Python, Ruby, Apache, RESTful APIs
- Web UI Development -- HTML5, CSS3, Animation, Typography
- Application Development -- Windows Toolkits, Qt, Cocoa, Visual Studio, XCode/IB
- Network Programming -- discovery, sockets, Zeroconf/UPnP
- Mobile Development -- iOS, Android
- Open Source Frameworks -- libcurl, openssl, libevent
- Interface design -- great design: appealing, intuitive, organized, balanced, reasoned
- Strong programming skills -- with significant experience in C, C++ and/or Objective-C
- Relevant industry certifications – ITIL, CISSP, PMI, SSCP, CSSLP, IEEE, etc.
- Systems Management tools like Dell KACE, Altiris, or SCCM
- Managing a medium to large IT environment
- Service Desk systems like Dell KACE, Remedy, SupportForce or ServiceNow