Senior UX Designer
We're growing a diverse, empowered User Experience Team within the Dell Software Group and we're looking for a talented UX Designer to help us build world-class, highly usable web applications, sites, and services.
- Actively involved with the new software development initiative within Dell.
- Designing and redesigning products for users who love and depend on them daily.
- Helping to define and prioritize product requirements.
- Working with an intelligent, creative development organization that wants us here and values our collaboration.
Your strengths include
- Adapting your design process to the task at hand and the team you're working with
- Communicating your designs with just the right mix of prototype, documentation, and collaboration
- Learning quickly about software intended for expert users
- Bonding with remote team members to create strong working rapport
- Staying current about best practices, new tools and ideas, and worthwhile trends
- Sketching ideas rapidly and killing the bad ones mercilessly
- Advocating passionately for the user
- Define and prioritize user stories and product requirements in collaboration with user researchers and product managers.
- Integrate yourself with product teams to keep abreast of development issues and actively help to solve them.
- Propose and champion new usability improvements based on research results and heuristic evaluation.
- Create sketches, wireframes, and low-fi prototypes to test ideas and iterate to solutions.
- Convey user experience to engineering and QA and ensure the implementation matches the intended design.
- Collaborate with user research specialists to design usability studies and respond to the results.
- Define and refine design systems so that UI patterns can be reused consistently within product families.
- Participate in peer design reviews and team discussions.
- 8+ years of experience in interaction design, UI design, web application design, UX design, or human factors roles.
- Experience with user-centered design processes and the judicious application thereof.
- Four-year degree in relevant field, or in non-related field with equivalent work experience.
- Experience designing complex web applications.
- Portfolio showing samples from a track record of successful design.
-Expertise with graphic design tools and techniques.
- Skill at creating interactive prototypes.
- Experience working on a team with other designers and developers.
- History of working successfully with remote team members.
- Experience with Agile software development processes.
- Experience with designing for internationalized/localized user interfaces.
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, visual).
- Attention to detail.