Insted MSI Editor
Insted MSI Editor
Windows Installer (MSI)
InstEd It! InstEd
TNE Enterprises InstEd 1
instedit.com InstEd 1
a (better) alternative to Orca
7 years ago
InstEd is a Free msi editor built for professionals.
InstEd makes working with files fast and easy:
- Build cabs from the Media table. Right click a Media table entry to see the files belonging to that cab, or to rebuild the cab.
- Multi-file editing using tabs. Built from the ground up to handle multiple files, everything from searching to validation can be applied to more than one file at a time.
- Easy navigation. All relationships within the database are displayed and clickable for easy navigation.
- Accurate editing. Changes to a field are optionally cascaded to all dependent fields. So, for example, renaming a component can have all references updated.
- Change highlighting. All changes to an mst are highlighted. Msi files can be compared to highlight the differences. And by comparing an msi to itself while the msi is being edited, change tracking can be performed on an msi.
- Easy validation. Validation profiles allow full flexibility to apply ICEs from more than one CUB to many files at once, allowing for easy Quality Assurance of many files at once.
- Transform Chaining. See at a glance all the changes that a sequence of transforms make.
Personally, this is an essential tool to anyone with even occasional packaging/repackaing tasks.
7 years ago
Thanks for sharing!
2 years ago
We would leave a link to our own MSI Editor for your evaluation - http://pacesuite.com/ We position is as an alternative to Orca as well.
This link is locked
Don't be a Stranger!
Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!
Google chrome deployment loop
Where are the SQL scripts to run reports for a Microsoft audit? Seems like there should be numerous examples or canned reports for a software inventory tool.
Y:\hta\getkuid.vbs the system cannot find the drive specified. Not sure why?
Symantec deployment software
Unable to download MSIX packaging tool from Microsoft portal.
how to install license files using powershell during the installation
Q) How to Handle Certficates in .msi & APPV (Application packaging)
Disrupt The Way You Think About Data
WhatsApp Flaw Opens Android Devices to Remote Code Execution
Office Customization Tool
Backup Office 365 Emails with Attachments
EML Migration Tool
SilentCMD to run Batch files completely silent
Deploy and manage Office C2R on App-V 5.0
KACE Customers Only
Sysmon - the simple KACE companion
Emotet Returns from Summer Vacation, Ramps Up Stolen Email Tactic - Identifying the infected machines - Detect files created by Trojan.Emotet using CIR's
Patch Executive Summary Report - KACE SMA version 10.0 or newer only (does not work on 9.1 and older)
Windows 10 Out of Date Build Report & Install Script
How to Create a Disk Image of Your Mac Startup Disk?
Permissions needed to be able to runTask Chains