Software Deployment Question
APPV5 - Firefox APPV5 doesn't see local Office
I need to edit Office documents by using Firefox APPV. (In Sharepoint)
I'm using Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer to do the APPV but i don't understand what i need to do so that firefox can see Office on the local computer.
Here is what i tried :
- Launch differents Office documents during the sequencer, and it creates link to office folder on "Package Files" tab
- Merge Office folder in "Package Files" tab.
- On "Advanced" tab, i tick :
- Allow all named objects to interact with the local system
- Allow all COM objects to interact with the local system
- Allow virtual application full write permissions to the virtual file
- Add manually link to each office exe in ProgramFiles.
- Modify registry and add this :
No matter what i try, nothing happens, i always have "Could not start MS Office" error on Firefox when trying to update Excel file for example.
I found this :
But i think it's only if Office is another APPV and not local software.
I want to try this :
But i don't understand where to write this in DeploymentConfig.xml and i haven't found any clue on it.
To resume :
I have Firefox 52 in APPV5 and Office 365 locally on computer and I need to see Office with Firefox.
Can anyone helps me on this topic ?
Thanks in advance.
Answer Chosen by the Author
As far as I know Office365 is kind a virtualized too (even if you think it is installed locally).
Try to add the following registry key:
I found a blog post with similar issue for AppV chrome + office365: