Can't Enrol a Samsung Galaxy A32 5G - KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager
A few months ago I enrolled 10 x Samsung Galaxy A32 5G with no issues - However, I now have 10 more of these devices and I have begun trying to get them all enrolled using the standard way I have done hundreds of times with great success:
- Factory reset the device if it is not already at the Welcome screen.
- Follow the prompts to connect to a cellular or wireless network and apply updates. Skip the step to copy apps and data.
- At the Google account sign-in screen, enter afw#kace as the username.
- Accept the prompts to install the KACE Cloud MDM agent app.
- In the agent app, tap Set Up Device, then accept the prompts to set up device admin access and Google services.
- Enter your KACE Cloud subdomain, sigma3, and tap Next.
- An external browser will launch and you will be asked to log in using your work account.
But with these new phones, I cant seem to do it this way? I don't get the prompt to set up admin access to google services and it will tell me that i need to switch networks?
I have tried 4 different networks, two office ones, my home network and also a hotspot off of my phone, nothing seems to work and if I skip this step it the phone will not have KACE installed on it.
Does anyone know the reason for this? I don't think it is a KACE issue as such, but seeing as i have done this before with the same phone model i just wanted to cover all bases.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
which Android version do the devices use?
which error message is observed?