Deploying DMG with enclosed PKG and Profiles (Mixed XML files)
04/28/2015 3994 views
Im really struggling to deploy software to our Mac OSX user base via Kace.
The DMG file has a PKG and a folder with XML file configurations that are required as part of the installation.
Steps Taken So Far
- Created the software item and uploaded the dmg
- Created the distribution file with full command line installer -pkg /Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE/data/downloads/82807/DPD_AnyConnect 3.1.06079.dmg.zip -target /
- The software pushes to the Mac but doesn't install the application
MANUAL TEST VIA TERMINAL
- hdiutil attach /Library/Application\ Support/Dell/KACE/data/downloads/82807/DPD_AnyConnect\ 3.1.06079.dmg
- sudo installer -pkg /Volumes/DPD_AnyConnect\ 3.1.06079/AnyConnect.pkg -target /
(I need the password for the above command which is something I dont want to use for obvious reasons - I need this to install silently so the user is not affected!)
- hdiutil unmount /Volumes/DPD_AnyConnect\ 3.1.06079
The above command works fine but requires my password and I wouldnt have a clue how to convert this to a script if this is the right way to proceed!?
Ive had this job to do for 4 weeks now, Ive researched and researched and feel im close but not close enough!
I need some experienced guys to assist me please!>