Inventory is not running and Agent is not connecting

Hello everyone!

i got some machines thats inventoried before but in a unknown moment lose connection to the appliance and only reinstalling the agent i can reconnect them.

When i run the command "runkbot.exe 4 0" i got this informations

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\KACE>runkbot.exe 4 0

[2017-07-26.10:05:26][runkbot:main                    ] runkbot    ----- Startin

g runkbot.exe-----

[2017-07-26.10:05:26][runkbot:DumpState               ] Dump State:   kbotid=4 k

botId Version=0 -noLogUpload=0 -event= -launchType=KLT_SYSTEM credentials= [2017-07-26.10:05:26][runkbot:KBotScriptLog::Initializ] KBotScriptLog::Initializ e - Logging to [C:\Temp\dklC5A8.tmp] kbot[4:0] @ 2017-07-26T10:05:26 (debug) Running kbot: runkbot 4 0 [2017-07-26.10:05:26][runkbot:KLaunchUtils::GetIdOfAct] GetIdOfActiveUser: SECUR

ITY_LOGON_TYPE: 2(0) A operaþÒo foi concluÝda com Ûxito.


kbot[4:0] @ 2017-07-26T10:05:26 (output) Running as SYSTEM

* Rebuilt URL to: https://kbox/

* Could not resolve host: kbox

* Closing connection 0

* Rebuilt URL to: http://kbox/

* Could not resolve host: kbox

* Closing connection 1

[2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScriptManager::GetSc] KBotScriptManager::GetSc riptDownloadUrl - FAILED to get webUrl!

[2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KWeb::KCopyFile         ] Error (win) copying file

s from '/service/kbot_service_notsoap.php?METHOD=getkbot&KUID=5F5F0539-8950-40BB

-9ACC-1F566ED28F56&KBOT_ID=4&KBOT_VERSION=0&CLIENT_VERSION=7.1.62' to 'C:\Progra mData\Dell\KACE\kbots_cache\4-0.xml' : (3) O sistema nÒo pode encontrar o caminh o especificado.


[2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScriptManager::Fetch] KBotScriptManager::Fetch AndWriteToCache - Kbot[4-0] Download failed, error code = 3

[2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScript::Load        ] KBotScript::Load - No kb

ot script wast found at: C:\ProgramData\Dell\KACE\kbots_cache\4-0.xml

[2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScriptManager::GetSc] KBotScriptManager::GetSc riptVersion - Document not parsed successfully [2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScriptManager::Fetch] KBotScriptManager::Fetch AndWriteToCache - Failed to get version in kbot xml [2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScriptManager::GetSc] KBotScriptManager::GetSc ript - Failed to get kbot script [4-0] kbot[4:0] @ 2017-07-26T10:05:28 (status) START kbot[4:0] @ 2017-07-26T10:05:28 (activity) Kbot not available locally, can't exe cute at this time kbot[4:0] @ 2017-07-26T10:05:28 (status) FINISH (In state 'verification_failed')


[2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScriptLog::Upload   ] KBotScriptLog::Upload -

Uploading Log file [C:\Temp\dklC5A8.tmp]

* Rebuilt URL to: https://kbox/

* Could not resolve host: kbox

* Closing connection 0

* Rebuilt URL to: http://kbox/

* Could not resolve host: kbox

* Closing connection 1

[2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScriptLog::BuildKbot] KBotScriptLog::BuildKbot UploadUrl - FAILED to get webUrl!

[2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScriptLog::GetUpload] KBotScriptLog::GetUpload URL - Failed to build the upload url

[2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScriptLog::Upload   ] KBotScriptLog::Upload -

server [] failed to return valid upload path for kuid=[5F5F0539-8950-40BB-9ACC-1

F566ED28F56]: path=[]

[2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScriptLog::Upload   ]                (returnin

g without attempting to upload log file) [2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:KBotScriptLog::Cleanup  ] KBotScriptLog::Cleanup -  Cleaning up log file [C:\Temp\dklC5A8.tmp]


[2017-07-26.10:05:28][runkbot:main                    ] runkbot    ----- Exiting

 runkbot.exe -----


C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\KACE>

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (2)

Posted by: bill.kraft 4 years ago
White Belt
I also noticed that some agents would not connect and I saw the message "Rebuilt URL to: https://kbox/".  However, that was not the name of our Kace server.  Instead of trying to track down each affected client and reinstall the agent with the correct server name, I had our networking team create a DNS alias for "kbox" and had it point to the IP address for our Kace server.  Voila, issue resolved!  I'm hoping subsequent updates to the Kace agent will restore the correct server name.  For the interim, this works well.
Posted by: Hobbsy 4 years ago
Red Belt
My guess would be, after some recent painful experience that the new KACE agent (7.1 in this case) is unable to resolve the webserver name on your K1 so the agent is unable to check in.

Check your K1 network settings and see if you are able to ping the webserver value from any workstation that will not connect. Also check that there is nothing blocking port 443 as that is the only port that the KACE agent will now connect over. It may well be that you will need to add an entry to your DNS so that agents are able to resolve the webserver name. 

We have learnt the method that some customers in the past may have used, when we distributed the agent, using the IP address of the server no longer works, when the device checks in after agent installation, it will take the webserver value from the K1 and use that within the AMP.cfg file, so if your devices are unable to resolve the webserver name they will not be able to checkin.

I would however suggest that you consider an upgrade to the 7.2 as that may also help with stability ;o) 

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ