Media provided appears as so:
Ideally, the following should be performed on a snapshotted cleans VM.
Clean means clean- no other software installed! This package has pre-requisite software, so for recording the answer file, you want it to detect that it's needed.
Steps to build:
setup.exe -s -f1".\silent.iss"
- Copy contents of the /SAS Software Depot/JMP/JMP/15_2 folders (Containing the setup files) to a local folder such as C:\TEMP
- From a command prompt, execute the installer in recording mode
c:\temp\setup.exe -r -f1"c:\TEMP\silent.iss"
- Click through the installer, making sure to check the correct settings, such as installing pre-requisites if needed.
- Once the installer is finished, and JMP is installed, launch the software.
- Enter your license information.
If the license file was applied during the installation, no further action is required. If the license file was not applied during the installation, the user is prompted to select a license file. If the user points to a JMP.PER file, the location of the JMP.PER file is stored. This means if the JMP.PER file is later moved or deleted, the user is prompted to select a license file. This also means that if the JMP.PER file is stored on a network drive, that drive must be available to run JMP. If the user points to a SID file, JMP uses the file to create a JMP.PER file and then prompts the user for a location to save the file.
- Ensure that silent.iss was created at the location specified.
- If you have a jmp.per file to authorize the application, include it in the same folder location.
- Zip the contents of the folder that contains the setup files, being sure to include the silent.iss file, and the jmp.per file (if applicable).
- In the KACE SMA, Create the deployment [Managed Install] and use the following commands to execute the contents of the ZIP
copy /y jmp.per "C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\15"
Setup Type: Legacy Setup with command line support
Deployment Method Used: Vendor Provided Command Line (answer file driven)