I just spent a whole bunch of time trying to get an SQL Smart Label to work, only to find that all it needed was a simple notation change to work, so I thought I'd share it, and maybe others who have encountered Smart Label quirks can add their knowledge in the comments as well.

In the report I was converting to a label, I had

and used the alias M in the rest of the query.  The report worked fine in KACE and in MySQL Workbench, but no computers were ever being added to that label.  Long story short, as soon as I removed the alias and used the actual table name instead, the Smart Label worked.

This doesn't appear to affect table aliases in JOIN clauses; only the FROM clause.

(K1000 6.4 SP3)