Devices lost connection to Kace, how to get them back online.
We have quite a few devices that have lost connection to Kace, this happened at some point in May 2021.
We have only discovered this recently and started to find devices that are no longer communicating with Kace at our different sites, we have close to 350 sites and every site has its own server and domain so it's not easy to go on every sites server and try to find the missing devices.
The problem is I can't do provisioning via Kace or AD cause I have to do a complete uninstall and reinstall to get the devices back online, just running the install doesn't seem to work for some reason.
So is there any way i can locate all the running devices that lost connection to Kace and ended up archiving?
Please post the following additional information.
OS of the device(s)
You can run the Kace Agent Toolkit to collect the logs from one or more devices.
The Agent log files to focus on are konea.log and KAgent.log for errors.
You may want to open a support ticket and include the log files from the Agent(s).
You can use this report to help identify which devices you may want to focus on to determine the root cause.
Computers that are MIA for 60 Days
Very important to check and make sure you didnt reach the maximum limit of licenses. That would also cause the problem.
Assuming the devices have connected before you can just list all devices and sort them by the last time they talked to SMA. Should give you some idea of which ones arent.
From any system that is not checking in you could run from Quest directory kstatus to see if its even talking to the SMA. Sometimes it talks but has an agent issue. Can do: runkbot 5 0 that should update it.