KACE Product Support Question
How to change the email address that the K1000 and K2000 email from.
Migrated from on-prem exchange to O365. Kace K1000 and K2000 emails from a default email address. K1000 uses reporter@[system name][domain] while k2000 uses root@[system name]
When it was on-prem, we could use any from email address of any domain, but with O365 it requires the accepted domains to be used. Where can the from email address be changed so it can work again. If we cannot change it, we will not be able to be emailed reports and alerts because the domain is not an email domain that we can use.
Has anyone been able to get it to work?
Community Chosen Answer
When we migrated from our on-prem Exchange server to G Suite/Gmail we ran into the same issue. But I'm not sure if our solution will work for O365.
Since KACE uses SMTP for it's email we had to use a few steps to get it to send and receive emails.
- We created a fully provisioned user account in Active Directory and Gmail
- The A/D user has no access other than "Domain User"
- The password is set to never expire and is a randomly generated password that is very complex.
- We created a special organizational unit in G Suite called "Service Accounts"
- The configuration of the G Suite O/U was adjusted to allow POP/SMTP
- The user account was also setup to enable the use of POP/SMTP
- We then used that account and password in the SMTP configuration of KACE to send and receive email.
We went with this configuration as our K1000 does allow for incoming email to create help desk tickets.